The Mirobot “logo turtle” was developed by Ben Pirt in the UK initially through a Kickstarter project.
Mirobot provides children from upper primary school age level with an excellent introduction into programming and robotics. We use Mirobots in our Senior Primary Program, and students now also want to build and program one at home!
- Base Commands: Pen Down/Up, Beep, Forward/Reverse in mm, Left/Right in degrees
- Sensors: line-following (2x infrared), bump (left/right front switch)
- Kit: assembly required (PCB pre-soldered)
- Chassis: Coloured perspex
- Circuit board with motor control, microcontroller/WiFi module and sensors
- Battery holder (4xAA, batteries not included)
- Note that Mirobot v3 only comes pre-soldered.
- Fully Open Source design (chassis, PCB, firmware, software)